We may update or change this policy from time to time so we ask that if you are a regular visitor that you please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes that we have made.
WHAT WE COLLECT
In general, you may visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Android, iPad, Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer). This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on our website, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our website and to improve the content on it.
E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable information such as first and last name, telephone number, and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for orders, invoicing, receipts, or if the visitor subscribes to our newsletter.
We may collect the following information:
- Your name.
- Contact information including an email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to our customer surveys and any special offers that we may have available.
We only use this information to better understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service. We may keep and use this information to improve our products and services. We may occasionally send you promotional emails about our new products, special offers or other information which we believe will be of interest to you, using the email address provided to us.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- We may periodically send a promotional newsletter to the email address which you have provided about new products, special offers or other information relating to our business which we think you may find interesting. All of our newsletter’s contain an unsubscribe link.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure at all times. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information that we collect from you online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this action may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have clicked on these links and moved away from our website to view another website, please note that we do not have any control over any third-party website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any of your information in these circumstances as some other websites are often not governed by the same privacy statement that we have. Please exercise caution when accessing other websites from our website and look at their privacy statement to the website in question if you have concerns.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to complete details or a form on our website please look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want your information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We take your privacy very seriously and want to assure you that we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless you have given us your permission, or we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties, which we think you may find of interest if you tell us that you are happy with this when completing forms on our website.
- You may request details of your personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable in these circumstances. If you require a copy of the information held on you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information that we are holding on you is not correct or incomplete you are invited to write to us or email us at email@example.com. We will then correct any information found to be incorrect or incomplete.